IIH Clinic Practitioner
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to expand each section below for more information.
Becoming a Clinic Practitioner
An IIH Clinic Practitioner is a graduate of IIH in good standing who has completed training as a Certified Hypnotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Transpersonal Hypnotherapist. IIH Clinic Practitioners are self-employed, independent contractors and are not employees of IIH.
- Graduate in good standing (all fees paid and requirements met).
- Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist diploma from the Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (formerly Florida Institute of Hypnotherapy).
- IAIH Membership as a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist and current on membership dues.
- To have completed HIPAA Compliance Certification https://www.hipaatraining.com/hipaa-training-for-business-associates.
- Professional Liability Insurance (See section on this page about Liabiltiy Insurance.)
- Good internet connection. (Minimum 10MB download and 2MB upload.)
- Online Video Conferencing Platform with Password Protection or Private Virtual Rooms.
Working as a Clinic Practitioner
1. Lead contacts IIH via the Clinic website or via phone.
2. Clinic Manager matches client need to Clinic Practitioner.
3. Clinic Manager forwards Lead to Clinic Practitioner via email and text.
4. Clinic Practitioner contacts Lead to schedule a Complimentary Consult. Clinic Practitioner schedules consult in Simplybook.me.
5. Following the Complimentary Consult, the Clinic Practitioner will forward the Client a private link to securely purchase their package through the Simplybook.me website via PayPal. The Client does not need to have a PayPal account to make this purchase and the system does not store their information. The merchant account name on the Client’s receipt will be Anahat Education Group, Inc. Clients will purchase one of the four options shown below:
single session – $180
3 session package $513
5 session package – $810
10 session package – $1530
The Client will receive a receipt of the transaction from PayPal. IIH will also a receipt of the transaction and forward it to the Clinic Practitioner to retain in the HIPAA Compliant Practice Management tool.
6. The Clinic Practitioner will contact the Client to schedule sessions and also sends the Client a link to complete the Intake Form via a HIPAA Compliant process (either secure email or secure online document signature portal). The completed intake form is received by the Practitioner and retained in Practitioner’s HIPAA Compliant Practice Management tool. All sessions will be scheduled in the Simplybook.me interface. Client and Clinic Practitioner will receive confirmation of the appointment via email. Both will also receive a confirmation of the appointment 24 hours in advance.
7. Session scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation will be handled directly with the Clinic Practitioner via email or phone. The Clinic Practitioner will make the required changes in Simplybook.me. The Simplybook.me interface does not provide for Client Self-Service.
8. For the life of the client/practitioner relationship, all future session purchases and scheduling will be processed in the manner described above.
HIPAA TRAINING & COMPLIANCE
All IIH Clinic Practitioners will be required to be HIPAA certified and compliant. You must show your due diligence that you are well-educated in HIPAA compliance. HIPPA training and certification is easy and affordable.
Please click on the following link to learn more about becoming HIPAA Trained and Certified in both HIPAA Security and HIPPA Privacy. You will be asked to upload your certifications for BOTH modules to your Clinic Practitioner application.
While the IAIH will continue to advise you on HIPAA compliance as a Hypnotherapist, it still remains your responsibility to abide by all Federal, State, County, and City Laws. When you receive a prescription, referral, supervision, or direction from a licensed practitioner of the healing arts who is HIPAA compliant, then you become a Business Associate bound by HIPAA.
Please click on the following link to learn more about HIPAA Compliance for IAIH Hypnotherapists.
IIH Clinic Practitioners are required to carry their own professional liability insurance. We are recognized by the American Professional Agency, Inc. for professional liability insurance and we often recommend Lockton Affinity Health, which has covered general and professional liability insurance in one policy. Such insurance is inexpensive and can protect your assets. We encourage you to do your research and to get legal advice as necessary to ensure that you understand your own personal and professional situation, as neither IIH nor IAIH endorses any one company for any one member. We offer this information for your convenience, yet not as a replacement to your own thorough research. Click on the links below to learn more.
Upon becoming a Clinic Practitioner, you will be required to read and sign our Clinic Practitioner Agreement. The document is provided here as a PDF for informational purposes only. You will be asked to sign this through an online digital signature portal once you are approved to do so.
While Hypnotherapy is often conducted in private offices, our current clinic model primarily relies upon online sessions. We have therefore constructed this IAIH Online Session Guidelines document to help you to maintain very high standards of excellence and professionalism.
As a Clinic Practitioner, you are required to have your clients fill out the Clinic Client Participation Agreement and Disclosure Form, and for all medical and/or mental health conditions, which require a referral, you are encouraged to utilize the Medical/Mental Health Referral Form. The Medical/Mental Health Referral Form is for your convenience and professionalism, however, all medical/mental health conditions require a prescription, referral, supervision, or direction from the appropriate licensed practitioner of the healing arts.