IIH Clinic Practitioner
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to expand each section below for more information.
Becoming a Clinic Practitioner
An IIH Clinic Practitioner is a graduate of IIH in good standing who has completed training as a Certified Hypnotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Transpersonal Hypnotherapist. IIH Clinic Practitioners are self-employed, independent contractors and are not employees of IIH.
- Graduate in good standing (all fees paid and requirements met).
- Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist diploma from the Institute of Interpersonal Hypnotherapy (formerly Florida Institute of Hypnotherapy).
- IAIH Membership as a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and / or Certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist and current on membership dues.
- To have completed HIPAA Compliance Certification https://www.hipaatraining.com/hipaa-training-for-business-associates.
- Professional Liability Insurance (See section on this page about Liabiltiy Insurance.)
- Good internet connection. (Minimum 10MB download and 2MB upload.)
- Online Video Conferencing Platform with Password Protection or Private Virtual Rooms.
Working as a Clinic Practitioner
1. Lead contacts IIH via the Clinic website or via phone.
2. Clinic Manager matches client need to Clinic Practitioner.
3. Clinic Manager forwards lead to Clinic Practitioner via email and text.
4. Clinic Practitioner contacts the Client and sends link to complete HIPAA Compliant Docusign Intake Form. Form is received by Clinic Manager and forwards to Clinic Practitioner who retains the Intake Form on a HIPAA Compliant Database.
5. Clinic Practitioner and Client discuss scheduling a consult. Clinic Practitioner enters date of consult into IIH Database.
6. Clinic Practitioner conducts consult and sends payment link to Clinic Client to pay via IIH website. Session is not scheduled until payment receipt is received by Practitioner. https://www.instituteofhypnotherapy.com/clinic-services/
7. Client selects package and pays via IIH website and receives a receipt via email.
8. Clinic Manager receives notice of sale via email, records sale to Clinic Practitioner Record in the IIH Database and forwards receipt to Clinic Practitioner. Clinic Manager sends text message to Clinic Practitioner to check email.
9. Clinic Practitioner receives email and contacts Client to schedule an appointment. Practitioner reports back via the IIH Database the session date / dates. All future scheduled sessions are logged in IIH Database. Clinic Practioner’s will use the following link to report sessions. https://www.instituteofhypnotherapy.com/clinic-practitioner-session-reporting/
10. For the life of the client / practitioner relationship, all future sessions and payments process through the clinic website.
HIPAA TRAINING & COMPLIANCE
All IIH Clinic Practitioners will be required to be HIPAA certified and compliant. You must show your due diligence that you are well-educated in HIPAA compliance. HIPPA training and certification is easy and affordable.
Please click on the following link to learn more about becoming HIPAA Trained and Certified in both HIPAA Security and HIPPA Privacy. You will be asked to upload your certifications for BOTH modules to your Clinic Practitioner application.
While the IAIH will continue to advise you on HIPAA compliance as a Hypnotherapist, it still remains your responsibility to abide by all Federal, State, County, and City Laws. When you receive a prescription, referral, supervision, or direction from a licensed practitioner of the healing arts who is HIPAA compliant, then you become a Business Associate bound by HIPAA.
Please click on the following link to learn more about HIPAA Compliance for IAIH Hypnotherapists.
IIH Clinic Practitioners are required to carry their own professional liability insurance. We are recognized by the American Professional Agency, Inc. for professional liability insurance and we often recommend Lockton Affinity Health, which has covered general and professional liability insurance in one policy. Such insurance is inexpensive and can protect your assets. We encourage you to do your research and to get legal advice as necessary to ensure that you understand your own personal and professional situation, as neither IIH nor IAIH endorses any one company for any one member. We offer this information for your convenience, yet not as a replacement to your own thorough research. Click on the links below to learn more.
Upon becoming a Clinic Practitioner, you will be required to read and sign our Clinic Practitioner Agreement. The document is provided here as a PDF for informational purposes only. You will be asked to sign this through an online digital signature portal once you are approved to do so.
While Hypnotherapy is often conducted in private offices, our current clinic model primarily relies upon online sessions. We have therefore constructed this IAIH Online Session Guidelines document to help you to maintain very high standards of excellence and professionalism.
As a Clinic Practitioner, you are required to have your clients fill out the Clinic Client Participation Agreement and Disclosure Form, and for all medical and/or mental health conditions, which require a referral, you are encouraged to utilize the Medical/Mental Health Referral Form. The Medical/Mental Health Referral Form is for your convenience and professionalism, however, all medical/mental health conditions require a prescription, referral, supervision, or direction from the appropriate licensed practitioner of the healing arts.